Now open: LILLY ENDOWMENT COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY
The Union County Foundation is excited to announce that one Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship (LECS) will be awarded to an applicant from the 2021/2022 senior class of Union County High School. The application window opens on July 14 and closes on August 31, 2021 at 4:00PM.
The 2022 Union County Lilly Endowment Community Scholar will be named in mid-December of 2021. The LECS program is funded by the Lilly Endowment.
GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible, a student must:
1. be residing in Indiana AND in the Union County College Corner Joint School District
2. graduate by the end of June 2022 with a diploma from Union County High School
3. intend to pursue a four-year baccalaureate full-time basis course of study at an accredited INDIANA public or private nonprofit college or university
WHAT WILL THE LILLY ENDOWMENT COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
The LECS pays full tuition and required fees for (4) four years of undergraduate study on full-time basis, leading to a baccalaureate degree at any accredited Indiana public or private nonprofit college or university. The LECS will also pay a yearly stipend of up to $900 for required books and equipment for four years.
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship application will be available on the Union County Foundation website at www.ucfoundationinc.org starting July 14, 2021. Completed applications must be submitted to the Union County Foundation office no later than 4:00 p.m., August 31, 2021.
Danka Klein, Union County Foundation, Inc..
Norman & Mary Johnson Scholarship opportunity for Union County residents/graduates attending Ivy Tech Community College
Union County residents and Union County High School graduates attending Ivy Tech Community College can benefit from the Norman & Mary Johnson Scholarship. The application for this and other scholarships can be completed through your Ivy Tech student account login, on the Ivy Tech scholarships website.
The Johnson Scholarships are named for Norman Johnson, who served on the Ivy Tech Richmond’s regional board of trustees for 16 years, and his wife Mary. Mr. Johnson’s steadfast belief in the importance of higher education was shared by his wife and their family. Johnson Hall, on the Ivy Tech Richmond campus, is dedicated in honor and recognition of the Johnson Family’s extraordinary generosity and support of Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana.
1. The Johnson Scholarship is for full- and part-time students at Ivy Tech Community College Richmond. The maximum annual award to an individual is not to exceed $2,500, adjusted for inflation. Scholarship dollars may be used for tuition, books, transportation, travel associated with the study and other reasonable incidentals.
2.The candidate must be a resident of Union County, Indiana. In years when there are insufficient Union County residents, former Union County residents who attended Union County High School, or any of its predecessors and successors, may be considered as candidates for the scholarship.
3. The candidate must complete the government financial aid application required for processing all college financial aid.
4. The candidate’s financial need will be the determining factor in selecting the scholarship recipient and in setting the amount of the award.
5. Candidates may apply for successive years.
6. Apply online by visiting https://www.ivytech.edu/financial-aid/scholarships.html